March 5, 2009

Crash Boom Bang!

Technology has been my source of inspiration for a while and I have lived on it for the last 4 1/2 years. Sadly, my moment of glory has come to a grinding halt...and it has come to a stage where I am evaluating my interests in life and reassessing to find other avenues to get into. The sad demise of my next best friend has caused a lot of pain and turmoil which has troubled me no end. Yes, I am talking about my laptop...

People say that you do not know the value of something until you have lost it and I would second that. Its like a love lost and it hurts a lot. In the last 4 1/2 years, I never knew I would get so emotionally involved and deeply connected like Broadband that it took such a toll on me when all of this happened. In my days of singledom, my laptop was my solace and my e-soul mate. Now as I type these words down, its like a confession statement which I have to get out of my system before I get another Laptop in my life...

I know it sounds like a dreadful and tragic love story but that has what has kept me going in the last few years. My day used to begin by waking up and immediately switiching on my laptop and lining up some playlists I would have created to start my day. Then all one would hear is my yelling parents and my remedy taking neighbors and me in bliss...after all of that hungama...refreshing and readying for work...the mayhem has still not finished...till I step out the door...the music has to play. So much so...theres another music that plays when I go to office...the song of the boss!!!

Back home and I am back to my Machine!!! The internet (mankinds best invention) keeps me connected with my friends and foes and since I am away, I can only chat...phones are expensive so chat helps financially...so now one can imagine the dependency! Then comes the case of music and video - viewing and downloading...well what can I say...the reason for moving away from TV - music and videos on demand!!!

Now if there wasnt anyone online to talk to...it served a purpose of my outlet...my poetry. Another reason why I forgot how my handwriting once looked. Editing became easy and conevnient and life became a lot easier with respect to my writing and this was another side of the story.

Weekends im totally with my laptop and this time its movies and concerts...if this DVD drive actually had a life...it would have cried in pain and in pleasure...no puns intended here! Just that, by playing the best of stuff that I had, to the worst of stuff that I have played on it...it sure has more chances of being raped inside out and I paid the price of it...not once but twice. Yup the drive was replaced before warranty got over...lucky me!

Well, when I was in college, we had a Quiz Club that we with great zeal and enthusiasm created and my laptop was by default the master laptop for every possible event...all the brilliant work we did was on it...and on others too. Beyond that, was certainly used for heavy duty games and heavy music...what else for!

Time has passed and my fingers are now numb, hollow and about to peel off with the amount of typing and claiming to be the fastest in the peer group! Here I am now...after all of that fun and fad...missing every moment...i mean it...four and a half years! All my poetry in the last 5 years was written on that, all the movies were seen on that, all the music heard on that, games, chatting, mails, friends, everything....I was the person connected to the world...

Today, as I type
(not write) these words, I am disconnected, silenced, dejected, destroyed and decimated. I am as closed to unemployed can be when I come back home and I feel I have lost it all. Soon it was that I recovered though...but as they say, theres a little empty space in my heart that will be filled someday...but the first love is what is remembered forever. It sure has been a life of technology but I just figured out that this was too mortal to even be depending on...and that technology is not what runs life...we run it! We give it the life we want...selfish...sad but true!


No comments: